Sunday, July 15, 2012

Produce Galore!

I'd heard of Bountiful Baskets for years.  It is a produce co-op where you usually pay less for produce, but you need to pick it up at a certain time, and make an effort to volunteer every so often.  I had never tried it due to the drive to the locations and the early morning pick up.  One day I found out from a friend that there was going to be a location right by my house.  I jumped at the chance to finally try it.  I was quite amazed at how much produce we received.  We got a few extra things for volunteering as well.  It is a fun challenge to try to use your produce each week and it forces you to try something new.  There are some weeks where we don't seem to get as much, or we struggle to use what we get, but I have decided that it is worth it for us because it forces us to eat better and branch out from our usual meals.  It can cut into the weekend sometimes, but we try to make it work as much as we can. 

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

My co-worker does this and she LOVES it! ...j