Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The End of 7th Grade


Junior High has been such a new experience for out little family this year, especially for Lydia.  It was overwhelming at times to have so many different classes and the extracurricular activities. Overall things went well and we all learned a lot! We ended the year with a few events; the Science Fair and the Orchestra Concert. 

Lydia chose an interesting science fair project.  She wanted to find out if you get more dizzy if your eyes are open or closed while spinning.  She enlisted all of us and made us endure spin after spin on my office chair.  Everyone seemed to handle it pretty well except myself.  I had to rest on the couch after the ordeal for a little while until I felt normal again.  It made me feel old for sure!  She determined that you actually get more dizzy with your eyes closed.  Good to know!

 After the science fair we had the opportunity to listen to Lydia perform in the orchestra concert.  She even did a little solo!  I'm so proud of my girl!  I'm so glad she has continued to play the violin.   
 I bought the violin years ago when I had a sudden passion to learn to play a musical instrument.  I thought for sure I would be able to teach myself.  I don't know what I was thinking!
I am grateful to see it in the hands of my beautiful daughter. 

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

And she is beautiful! ...j