Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Family Play Time and New Music

I spoke to my sister this morning and she informed me that I haven't updated my blog in awhile. You know it has only been since Saturday :) Actually, I am glad people are reading it. So this will be a silly blog that the Grandma's will especially enjoy. On Monday night we decided to all play together. Lydia and Adelle informed Wes and I that we were going to play restaurant. Lydia told me that she is 29 and Adelle is 24. Lydia worked in the restaurant and Adelle (our adult daughter) took us out to the restaurant.
Adelle let me know that she would be paying for us. Wow, what a rich girl. She brought along her two little daughters.
Grandpa Wes with his daughter and his two grand kids.
Lydia took our orders, made the dinner and served it to us. Wes decided he was going to shake things up a bit and be the difficult customer. He played the part of the old grandfather well. I think Lydia was just about ready to throw him out!

He He He! You've got to love this picture! I am glad Wes is letting me post it. We sure had a lot of fun. It gave me a small glimpse into my future. You know, I bet before I know it my girls really will be all grown and taking me out to dinner. Sniffle! It is just more incentive to enjoy every moment.

So last night's rehearsal went well. The whole family was there again. We ended up getting home at about 10:15 PM. The girls were pretty tired. Adelle had scraped up her knee at the theatre and Wes had to help her out when she was getting ready for bed. You would have thought the poor girl broke her leg. There is so much DRAMA in our house. Poor Wes is completely surrounded by girls! Lydia was put into another scene last night. So far that is a total of 2 scenes. Go Lydia!

On a completely different note, I was introduced to a local band today and I just think they are wonderful. They are called "Seriously, Evan". One of the band members, Chaz, is a brother in the show. I listened to their music while I was working today and I really enjoyed their original sound. The are so upbeat and fun and they really helped cheer me up. They are going to be performing at the Pleasant Green Park this Monday at 8:00 PM and I am looking forward to hearing them play. Our whole little family is going to attend. You guys should check them out. Here is there site http://www.myspace.com/evanseriously . When they come out with a CD I think I will have to buy one.

All right everyone, I'll be in touch :)

1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

That is too cute! What great parents you are. I bet your girls remember this fun little night for years to come:)