Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lydia's Birthday Party

Sunday was Lydia's 9th Birthday and we decided to celebrate by having the family come over to our house for dinner and cake. We had our usual large get together meal. Roll sandwiches with yummy sides. I actually served up fresh spinach from our garden! Yes, our garden! It is actually growing things. Some of the family brought presents for me too because my birthday is on the 26th.
Here's Adelle just hanging out!
Lydia enjoyed her dinner. She also loved the sodas! We hardly ever have sodas at our house, but this was a special occasion.
Cedric hanging out with Grandma Julie. I can't believe how big he is getting!
Kyle (Wes' brother) was fascinated with my Dad's car so they took some time to check it out.
Maybe someday Kyle.

Present time!
Lydia got this beautiful, little statue from her Grandma Christensen. She went in a safe place right away. Grandma Oates (Ellen) gave Lydia this cute shirt. She has another present for Lydia that hasn't come from Amazon yet.
Wes, Adelle and I gave Lydia this dragonfly necklace with some matching earrings.
We also gave her "Peter and the Secret of Rundoon". It is the third book in the Peter Pan series. She was super excited. She has already read 100 pages of the book.

Erica gave Lydia a book that she had written especially for her called "Lydia's Quest". I don't know why we didn't get a picture of it. Lydia read the book the very next day and just loved it!
Lydia got the 3rd season of the Muppet Show from Aunt Sarah, Uncle Matt, and Cedric. Matt was unable to come because he had to get up very early the next morning to go to work. Somehow I managed to not get a picture of Sarah either. Sorry Sarah!! She was behind the camera for most of the time.

My sister gave me a straightener. I haven't used it yet with how busy I have been.
Lydia got cute clothes from Grandma Julie.
I got this cupcake birthday plate from Julie.
Lydia was really excited that she got a Snow Cone Maker. These are the syrups for the snow cones. We are going to have to try making these soon. Especially with how hot it has been.
CANDY!!!!!!!!!! These actually go with my gifts below.



Julie, Cedric, my Dad, and Grandma Walter.
Kyle, Philip and Grandma Christensen. Don't the boys look excited.
Erica, Ellen, Bill and Jeff.
Julie gave me this fun cupcake book with a lot of other cupcake themed items. The girls can't wait until I make them something fun out of this amazing book! See the candy is to put on top of the cupcakes.
Isn't this a fun cupcake platter! It immediately went on my counter. I want to enjoy it every day.

She also gave me some cute cupcake bowls and plates.
Lydia requested Ice Cream Cake for her Birthday. It is her favorite. Here we are holding the cake together while everyone sang to us. The candles wouldn't stay lit outside. There's Devin in the background. He joined us later in the party. He rode up in his new scooter which is saving him bundles of cash because of it's great gas mileage.
Adelle with her Erica again!
The biggest hit for the girls towards the end of the party was actually the ribbon from the birthday presents.
Aunt Sarah and Lydia playing with the ribbon.

Lydia all wrapped up modeling her new ribbon outfit!
In the course of the evening I found a little, green grasshopper on my leg. When I was a kid I just loved grasshoppers! I immediately called the girls over to see this little guy.
Lydia getting close and personal with the grasshopper.
Even Adelle wasn't afraid of him. My brave girls!
Cedric enjoying his rice cereal! Yum!! It really was a fun evening! Lydia seemed to have a great birthday. After we had cleaned up outside we went inside with Aunt Sarah and watched an episode of the Muppet Show and then Wes and I relaxed and watched a movie.

The only unfortunate thing of the evening is that Lydia's birthday money from Grandma Walter accidentally got thrown away at some point. It was a whole $25 dollars! The next day was garbage day too, so it is long gone. Poor Lydia. She was happy that my birthday money was spent the next night when I took the girls to "Big Bad Musical" at the Empress Theatre. Silly girl! She didn't want me having my money either I guess. "Big Bad Musical" was a really cute show and we enjoyed it.
Speaking of the Theatre and plays, we have been super busy this week rehearsing. Honestly, it really has been stressing me out!! I need to stop being so hard on myself. I have been picking apart my performances, especially my singing, which I think is only making it worse. I don't sing as well when I am stressing about it. I need to remember to have fun and enjoy it. I was so ready to be done with the show last night. I know! Isn't that awful. I would never quit the show though. I am going to try to stop thinking about it until we have our next practice on Saturday. And when we do have practice again I am just going to have fun!
Speaking of fun, today is my Birthday! I called my boss and asked him if I could take a mental health day. He was very sweet and told me to enjoy myself. We are going to splurge and go to Lagoon! YEAH! I am really looking to just having some good old fashioned fun! No worries for me today!
I'll have to take some pictures and post about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she likes Peter Pan, she might like to know about another book that will be out. The Barry/Pearson novels are good stories. But they're really prequels to the Disney movie. Compared to Barrie's original tales, they have many contradictions. ALL the Pan add-ons do. But this new book doesn't contradict Barrie. Instead it's based on his idea to continue Pan's adventures. Perhaps she'd like it when it comes out!
BELIEVE!

Anonymous said...

OOPS! I forgot to show you the announcement page! It's at:
http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

Liz said...

For my birthday I'm eating leftovers for dinner and having a friend over tonight to watch a chic flick (Oh, and there will be Haagan Daaz involved - I'm a big ice cream fan just like Lydia).