Thursday, June 12, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane and Costumes.

So Lydia flew out this evening to Denver, Colorado to be with her dad for the weekend. She sees him every few months. She actually flies alone as an "unaccompanied minor". I actually take her through security, directly to the gate and then an airline employee takes her right onto the plane where a stewardess takes care of her. When she gets to Colorado her dad meets her right as she gets off the plane. I used to have a really hard time with it, but I have pretty much gotten used to it. Lydia has been flying alone since she was 5. I totally embarrassed Lydia when I SMOTHERED her with tons of kisses. He He He! My mother always used to embarrass me. I think it is my duty as a mother to pass it on to my daughter. Adelle helped as well. When we were waiting for Lydia's plane to fly out Adelle and I practiced songs from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Maybe I just don't get embarrassed anymore and Adelle isn't at that stage yet.


Add Image Aren't they cute! Adelle helped Lydia out by carrying Lydia's purse.


We will really miss Lydia while she is gone. She will be home Sunday evening. She was a little sad that she wasn't going to be here with us, but I know her dad has a lot of fun things planned for her while he is with her. They are going to be celebrating her birthday.


Adelle came with me tonight to drop of Lydia since Wes was at his last "flying solo" class. No it isn't flying lessons, it is a class on how to open your own practice. He actually made his first business purchase tonight. He picked up an all in one copier/faxer/printer. Now I just need to remind him to send in the rebate. Wes spent part of his day trying to come up with a logo for a firm. Lydia wanted to help and this is what she came up with. What do you think?So Wes finished my Millie dress on Tuesday. We stopped by rehearsal on Tuesday night to get Porter's (the director) okay. He seemed to really like it. The costumer seemed quite taken with it as well. Wes is planning on helping with more costumes as needed. The dress originally had long sleeves, but Wes thought it made me look like an FLDS member. He shortened the sleeves and it really makes a huge difference. It is pretty comfortable as well. The front buttons aren't actually functional. Thank Heavens! It would be a bit much to undo 12 buttons for a costume change. He put a long heavy duty zipper in the back.




So I found out today that the gentleman who was playing Caleb (one of the brothers) had to drop out of the show. I haven't heard yet why he had to leave us. We are a month away from opening and we need to fill this role. Do any of you know anyone who could do it? Here is the posting for the part:


We are looking for one male to play the part of Caleb in theEmpress Theatre's Production of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Must have singing, dancing and acting experience. Show runs Mon, Fri, and Sat nights July 11th through August 11th. Must be able to attend all performances. Rehearsals are Tuesday through Thursday evening 7-10 and Saturday mornings 10-2 with full week rehearsals during tech week. Part needs to be filled ASAP! Please contact Porter Williams if interested at(801) 856-9534 or vorpalblade@gmail.com


I really hope the role gets filled soon. Friends of mine have already purchased tickets and I really want the show to go well. It think it will work out well in the end. It is just the getting there that is interesting! Well everyone take care!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Love the dress. I think it would work well for every day wear. Don't you think?

Tiffany said...

Love the dress, what an amazing husband you have!! You need to watch the video of my oldest singing on my blog, its a pretty good laugh, sadly he gets being tone deaf from his lovely mother!!