Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Birthday and Lagoon Day!

So I woke up Thursday morning and just didn't want to go into work. I was feeling so stressed and besides it was my birthday. I called Tim and asked if I could take the day off. He was great about it. We decided we would head up to Lagoon. It was a splurge for us, but I was able to get a discount through my work. We saved about 30 dollars! I told my family that I didn't want to hear any 7 Brides for 7 Brothers songs during the day. I just wanted to forget about everything and have fun. We slathered ourselves in sunscreen and head out the door.

Wes and Lydia in line for the new Odysea ride. Wes is starting to look a little grizzly. He is attempting to grow a beard so he can look older on stage. He is playing Mr. Perkins who is the father of one of the brides. One thing that was great about the day is that the lines were pretty short! Yeah, no long lines!
Adelle always gets pink cheeks in the sun. She actually ended up getting a little bit of a heat rash. Poor girl, she has sensitive skin like her mom.
We all had a lot of fun riding the new Odysea ride. It actually was a ride that the whole family could go one. It reminded me a little bit of Dumbo at Disneyland except you have a good chance of getting wet! I let Adelle control the fish. We flew up an down through the air.
Lydia and Daddy. I love Lydia's face in this picture. The fish are very colorful.
My two little space girls ready to go on an adventure.

Adelle loved flying in this rocket and shooting the "Bad Guys"
We all enjoyed riding the very old merry go round. Adelle said she was the farm princess.
Lydia said she was the Safari Princess.
The Music Express was one of my favorite rides when I was a kid. Adelle ended up being squished right up against my side when we rode it.
Daddy and Lydia. Lydia said that she had to hold on for dear life.


Don't you just love this view from the Sky Ride? I have always enjoyed this ride.
Hi Daddy and Adelle! Can you see me from where you are?
Lydia sure does have beautiful blue eyes.
Eeek! Lydia in a bumper car. Actually I bumped into her a few times! He he!
We took some time after lunch to explore Pioneer Village. I must be getting old because I really enjoyed looking at the old buildings and furniture. It is so exciting to me to see things that have existed for more than 150 years. Here are the girls and daddy in front of one of the homes that was built about 100 years ago. It is a really beautiful home.

This cabin reminded me of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. The furniture inside of it was really neat as well. Actually the stroll around Pioneer Village got me in the mood to do the show again. Who would have expected it.
Here we are waiting to get onto Rattlesnake Rapids. It was a HOT day and getting soaked on the ride really cooled things down.
We rode the train and enjoyed the smooth, slow trip. Ahh, Adelle and her daddy.
Me and my gals!
Lydia and I went on the white roller coaster together. She is really becoming and adventurer. She really wanted to ride a lot more big rides, but we made it more of a family day. Lydia and I also rode the Rocket which was fun. Wes doesn't care much for the big, fast rides and Adelle is just like her daddy. Adelle riding her ladybug. She really does like the smaller rides.
Watch out! Adelle driving her own little car.
Lydia is getting so big that she had to sit in the middle of her car.
The helicopters! An oldie but a goodie.



Adelle really loved the green swings! She was 3" to small for the larger swings. Lydia isn't to big for this ride yet.
One of the last rides we rode was the Ferris Wheel. Everyone was starting to get tired I think. It was nice to just sit on top of the world and enjoy the view.


Adelle was really sad to leave Lagoon, but then I reminded her that there were still presents for me to open at home and she perked up! When we got home everyone was so worn out and sweaty. The family sang to me and I gave me my presents. I got the DVD "Sword In the Stone" which is one of my absolute favorite Disney Movies. I also got "Lego Indiana Jones" for the Playstation 2. All of the family has enjoyed playing it already. After the girls went to bed Wes went and got us "birthday shakes" from Artic Circle. It definitely was not a healthy day, but it sure was fun. I am so glad that we took the time to have some fun together as a family. I will remember it for some time to come.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey now wait a minute...I don't remember being able to drive those fancy smancy cars your girls were driving when I went to lagoon when I was a kid! ;p lol
Looks like Lagoon is snazzen things up! :)...but...aww now look what you done!
With seeing all your fun there, You reminded me of all that cool stuff n all its fun! n I miss it now...sniff sniff....will you go with us if we come up there? :D

Anna said...

What a great way to spend a Birthday! Happy Birthday Liz!! :)