Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day and New Roads

Sunday we celebrated Father's Day. Lydia was at her Dad's until Sunday night. Sunday morning I made french toast and sausage for Wes. The girls made special letters and pictures for Wes. Isn't this a sweet picture of Adelle and her Daddy. Wes is such a great father and husband. We are so lucky to have him :) I framed his two licenses and his Law Degree. Eventually we will get him his own office where he can hang them.
I also got him a planner so he can keep track of things. As a small business owner you need to be organized! He really liked everything.

Saturday we made chocolate chip cookies and delivered them to my dad, Wes' dad and Wes' grandfather. It was nice to visit with everyone.

Sunday afternoon Wes, Adelle and I walked about 2 miles in 90 degree weather to Wes' mom's house. We thought it would be nice to get out and stretch our legs. We walked past my old church and some other familiar spots here in Magna. I had fun pointing them out to Adelle. By the time we made it to Ellen's we were pretty hot. I was impressed that Adelle made it without much whining. In fact at one point we were going to turn around and Adelle was quite upset. She really wanted to walk to Grandma's. When we got there she said. "See! I told you we would make it!"

Monday night we all went walking as a family. It was another hot evening. We made sure we brought some water along. It was a much shorter walk than the evening before. I really love walking together. Getting out and stretching my legs just seems to slow the whole world down. We can talk together without distractions. It hopefully helps us be fitter as well.


So Wes has been super busy. He is moving ahead and is starting his own law firm. He is working on getting incorporated. He has decided that he is going to work from home. He will have an arrangement with a law firm to rent their conference room to meet with clients. He actually already has one client and may have another one soon. Hopefully everything will work out well.

Wes has also been working on costumes for 7 Brides for 7 Brothers at the Empress Theatre. He has been asked to make three skirts, three underskirts and a shawl for my pajamas. Hopefully the other girls will like their skirts. One of the brides personally asked him to make a dress for her as well. She is going to be buying and selecting her own fabric. I tell you, he could make it as a costumer if there was a market for it.

We haven't had a lot of rehearsal recently because the Brides, Brothers and Suitors have been choreographing the challenge dance. It really is a big production number so they need a lot of time to work on it. I almost feel like I'm not in in a show anymore. I should take advantage of the time of and memorize lines. I actually did memorize some while I was walking outside on my break at work. I really shouldn't walk outside again when it is that hot though. It really drained me. I was in work black work pants and the sun was just bearing down. I'm not used to the hot weather yet.

I am still going to busy though. The tribute concert for Mr. Moore is in a week and a half. My father asked Lydia to sing a solo on a song he wrote 7 years ago. It is called "I'm Thankful". She is very excited to do it. She is doing a wonderful job practicing it and I am really looking forward to seeing her perform. The alumni choir will be singing in the song as well.

So tomorrow is our Stake's "Annual Day of Sacrifice". It is a day where you try and spend as much time in the temple as you can. I have taken the day off and I am really looking forward to doing some family work, mainly endowments. I am planning on fasting as well. I think will all that is going on in our family it would be a good idea. I think it is going to be a very spiritually uplifting day.

1 comment:

Liz said...

My family is coming to see you in "Seven Brides" in July I think. I'll let you know what day when I find out for sure because I know that the only reason you decided to audition for the show was because of the slight chance that my family would come and see it!