Our first night there we explored the site and went on a walk.
That first night we even stayed up a little late to look at all of the stars. We even saw a few satellites and one shooting star. We all made a wish!
The second day we went canoeing and fishing on the Jordanelle for a few hours during the heat of the day. We even bought some worms at a little local store. Putting worms on a hook is a very interesting experience. I actually felt a little bad for the worms. Perhaps it is because I have always liked bugs. They actually tense up and start thrashing about when you stick them. I'm sure you've always want to know that!
We unfortunately didn't catch a thing! Lydia says she got a few bites, but I am not sure about that. Maybe it is a good thing that we didn't catch anything because we just would have had to gut the fish too. You know though, I have always wanted to try really FRESH fish. Maybe someday! At least we had some great views on the lake.
Even though we didn't have any luck fishing on the lake we thought we might try to do a little bit of fishing in the Provo river with lures. The river was probably too shallow and when we were casting we ended up catching some interesting things. My line got stock under a rock, in a buried stick and I cast once and caught the bridge. Yes that is right...a bridge!! Lydia helped unhook me. Lydia and Wes also caught the other side of the shore. Aren't we fancy fishers!
Thank heavens that Wes knew how to quickly get our poles ready to go again.
We decided to come home a day early so we wouldn't be too tired to do the show on Friday night. I think it was a really good decision. Lydia actually woke up at 2:00 AM on our last night (it appears to be our witching hour) and she was was very sick. She was throwing up. We got things cleaned up and went back to bed. The next morning we had to lug stuff all the way to the parking lot to get our car loaded up. The campsite doesn't allow you to drive to your site. Instead you are allowed to use carts to transport your things. There was a cart available when we arrived, but we never saw a single cart the whole rest of our stay. It made us pretty tired.
What is it about camping that can wear you out so much? It is great to be in nature, but nature can sure take a beating out of you. We were great food to the mosquitos and at times we still find ourselves itching. We even used bug spray. I also ended up being really allergic to something there and my nose was just sneezing and running like crazy.
Despite everything, I am glad that we went. It is something we will always have to remember and besides it just helped me appreciate home even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment