Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Only 9 Days until we Open!

So rehearsals have been going well. Monday night Adam and I, and the Brides and Brothers learned a new dance. Adam and I actually just dance in the beginning which I can't argue with. The brides and brothers then do a pretty dance! What talent they have to pick up a brand new dance so quickly. I actually am feeling like I can do some dancing. I feel like I am getting it! Yeah!! I got a compliment last night from one of the brothers that Adam and I are looking graceful. He probably had no idea how much that meant to me! It is a big feat for me to look graceful.

Last night we ran most of the show. We didn't quite get to the end. Tonight we will be running just Act I. Last night was interesting because we had to really start kissing each other. I think everyone that has to do that was a little nervous. The first time Adam (Steve) kissed me he planted one right on my nose! He He! All of the brides were just laughing. One was even snorting in fact!! Everything else went smoothly from there. Wes seems to be doing okay with it. It must be really hard to see your spouse kissing someone else. Adam and Millie actually kiss more than anyone else in the whole entire show. It was cute to see some of the other brides and brothers having to kiss each other. Most of them were so nervous! The director was kind enough to bring us all mints!

I really am enjoying things again which is great (not because we have started kissing!). It is great to get into character! I think Wes is relieved to see me less stressed and more confident. The girls seem to be having a fun time. Lydia found out last night that she is going to be in pajamas for her "big scene" where she has her line. The main costumer for the show is going to modify some pajamas that the Empress already had. Thank heavens she is doing it because Wes really is so busy right now feverishly making the other costumes. He has to finish two over skirts (one is almost done), make belts for 3 of the skirts and then make bloomers for Adelle. I will be excited when he is done with the costumes so he can get back to starting up our business.

I am getting really excited for the show to open. There is nothing like performing in front of a live audience! It is great when I see familiar faces in the audience as well.

No comments: