Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hiking near Doughnut Falls

Friday, September 19 we decided to take advantage of the good weather and go hiking. I only work a half day on Fridays. We hiked near doughnut falls in the Cardiff area. We really had a fun time. It sprinkled on us a little at the end but I actually liked that part.


Adelle took this picture of me. Oh, and thanks Julie for the water backpack! Wes, Lydia and I all have one to use now on our hikes!
Even at the end of summer the streams are still full of water.
We decided to go off the beaten bath to see what we could discover. We all crossed this stream. We found an enchanting area. It was just beautiful. We did come upon what we think used to be an alcohol still. Hmmm...makes you wonder why this would be in the middle of the forest. This was our view at the end of our hike. This gorgeous valley.
The leaves are starting to change in many places and before you know it Winter will be upon us. I recommend getting out there before everything is covered in snow. Hiking is so wonderful. I also am so proud of my girls. I think they have gotten in some good shape this summer. They don't complain much anymore when we take them on long hikes or walks.

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.