Today the girls and I headed downtown for our stake's regional conference. Our stake was invited to attend at the Conference Center instead of watching via satellite, which is a good thing because our stake's
satellite system is not working. We left at 9:05 and I thought that would be plenty of time, but I was wrong. When we got onto West Temple the traffic was practically stand still. It is the road you take to get to the parking garage under the conference center. I decided to go onto side roads to see if we could just park on the street. Ha ha ha! We ended up parking at the Capitol and walking down to the Conference Center. From there we had to wait in a long line to get in. We got into our seats just as the first speaker started talking.
I can't complain though! It was such a wonderful experience. The speakers included Elder
Hinckley of the Seventy (Gordon B.
Hinckley's son), the General Primary President, Elder Ballard, and the Prophet Thomas S.
Monson. He actually spoke for the whole second half of the conference. The spirit was very strong. Lydia was really excited to be able to see the Prophet speak in person. He spoke mainly about Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 " Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God". He spoke about each part of the scripture and how we can make "a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God". I felt so honored to be able to listen to his words and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Saviour who has sent us a living prophet.

After the conference I took this picture of the girls. Adelle had never seen the conference center before. Both girls were really impressed with the waterfall.

You can see how busy it was. A lot of people attended.

I couldn't miss the opportunity to take the girls to see the
Christus. Adelle had never seen this statue before. It used to be one of my favorite places when I was younger and I really wanted to share the experience with my girls.

Lydia took this picture of the Capitol after we had walked all the way back to our car. I don't know how many of you are aware but Lydia wants to be the President of the United States when she grows up, or the
Governor. She actually is hoping to make Honor Guard at her school. It is a group that learns about and performs the flag ceremony for events. They also set physical fitness goals so they can receive the
Presidential Fitness Award.
Anyway, it was a wonderful morning and the girls and I really enjoyed it
immensely. The spirit has really been with us today. We are really looking forward to celebrating Wes' birthday tonight. He is now 29! I'll have to post about his party soon :)
1 comment:
You are so lucky to be in the heart of Mormonville. I do miss that living in Idaho. Though we do have our fair share of members up here. It looks like you had a wonderful time...
Post a Comment