Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Memorial Day

I decided not to head to the graveyard this year for Memorial Day. I thought about it, but it gets so crowded and busy and I prefer to visit my deceased relatives when things are calmer and more conducive to deep thinking. I spent the early hours putting up flags with the cub scouts. Then I watched an older movie with my girls. From there I decided we should get out of the house into the beautiful, wide world. I remembered a wonderful park that my family used to visit when I was a little girl. I called up my Dad and got the address and we headed out to find it. It took some searching, but eventually my senses led us to the right place. The girls loved playing on the playground. Especially Cinderella's Carriage and Castle. Wes and I hung out and enjoyed some grown up chatting.
From there we headed to Crown Burgers for dinner. Can I say that our eating out has increased expediently since I became pregnant. I don't think the family minds. I am trying to get things back under control. Anyway...back to Memorial day. We ordered our yummy food. The manager then saw my girls and gave them ice cream cones for Free, and I'm not talking about the little kiddie cones. These were CONES. They ate them before they even started their dinner.

From there we headed home to hang out and enjoy the last hours of sunlight before the work week started up again. I zonked out on the couch, no surprise there, while the girls played PlayStation and while Wes played his computer game. It was a wonderful day!

No comments: