Thursday, May 28, 2009

There are Demons in my Flower Bed

Horrible Weed Demons! They have been plaguing me for a long time. I have been too tired or sick to do anything about it recently thanks to pregnancy fatigue and morning sickness. Wes has said on occasion that I can't blame everything on the pregnancy. Watch me! I decided that tonight was the night to tackle our weed demons. I was afraid that our neighbors were going to kick us out of the neighborhood if we didn't do something soon. Everyone on our street has such well manicured lawns. Even the 80 year old women who lives alone!

I rounded up my girls to their dismay and put them to work pulling weeds. I have decided that my girls need to learn the value of hard work this summer. No, I am not cutting short their precious childhoods and yes, they will thank me some day. I wore gloves to protect myself especially against the cat poop from stray cats! Darn Cats! It can actually be fatal to the fetus if the cats have certain germs. Anyway...I wore gloves and thoroughly washed my hands afterwards.
I saved this particular prickly demon for myself. My gloves didn't protect against its stings, but it is now gone! I first chopped it into tiny pieces and then carefully dug and yanked it out!
The morning glory had found its way and was starting to wrap around the spigot! Scary!


Weeds, weeds and more weeds!!!





This is what it looked like when it was all done. Yes it is somewhat bare, but at least I am free of the demons!!

I am now sniffly and snuffly from all of the weeds, but at least I don't have to be embarrassed anymore!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow good job, I don't think I could go out and pull weeds like you did and you most certainly can blame being sick on pregnancy. Guys have no clue what it's like huh?

Mahatma said...

That is QUITE the accomplishment! Aren't you glad it's done?! Now you need to put Preen on it so the weeds won't grow back. Way to go girl! ... julie

The Barnum Family said...

Good job! I need to get my weeds taken care of too.