Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1/4 of the Way

Yesterday I was 10 weeks along and I just realized that I am already 1/4 of the way through this pregnancy. Since I never wrote much down when I was pregnant with my girls I thought it would be nice to write some things this time around.

I have had morning sickness at random times. I never actually throw up, but just get very sick to my stomach. Eating does seem to help most of the time, so I have been eating a lot it seems. I am still trying to keep most of my foods healthy, even though I have an aversion to vegetables. I craved them for a week, but ever since then I can't stand them unless they are cooked well with something else. Some of my favorite foods right now are pizza, sausage, egg muffins, and nachos. I am always trying to find ways to make these foods healthier which often means I make them at home. I have had a really big craving for Joe's Crab Shack crab nachos recently, but I haven't given in yet, probably because it is so far away.

I have been nervous this time around. I don't know if it because I'm older and I know more what can go wrong, the fact that it took longer to get pregnant with this one, or if it is just thanks to the Internet. I belong to an online pregnancy group with other moms that are due in December and every week one or two of the moms will miscarry. It is a large group and the odds of course are there, but it still doesn't help my fears. Prayer has been really great to help me relax and focus on the positive. My sister is also really great to provide down to earth advice and comic release.

I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw the baby's little heartbeat just thumping along! That is the earliest ultrasound I have ever had before. I know for sure there is only one little baby :) The baby measured 6 days ahead, so I keep wondering if my due date will be moved up. I have my first official prenatal appointment with my doctor this Friday. Lydia didn't know I was pregnant and why we were at the hospital. The girls waited in the waiting room and afterwards Lydia was horribly concerned that something might be wrong with me. She made me promise to inform her if something was wrong with me. I think she was afraid I was going to die!

Lydia hasn't been overly excited to be a big sister again, but as time goes by she seems to get more excited. She is really excited though that she is going to share a room with her sister. Adelle is super excited and will often ask about the baby. When I sit down to eat she asks me if the baby likes the food. She has had MANY questions. She has also told me that my "womb" is getting fat.

Lydia is really hoping for a boy and Adelle is really hoping for a girl. When asked why Adelle wants a girl she says it is because she likes the name Violet. It is the name we have been leaning towards. I am just hoping for a healthy baby, but my instincts make me think it is a boy. I thought Adelle was going to be a boy though so I may be WAY off.

I have outgrown all of my pants and capris that I could previously wear. I have resorted to wearing my "fat" clothes. I held onto a few things after I lost 40 pounds. They are a little big, but I just can't stand to have my abdomen squished. Most of my maternity clothes are horribly outdated so I have borrowed some clothes and I am sure will need to buy some.

I get very tired at times, but found out yesterday that Skittles are amazing energy boosters. Wow! I hadn't had that much energy since before I was pregnant. I will not be resorting to this often for obvious reasons. Instead I try and take naps on the weekend and take it a little easier after a full day of work.

I am continuing to exercise during this pregnancy. I rarely exercised when I was pregnant with my girls. I am glad I am keeping up with this healthy habit. I have had to slow things down a little, but I am not giving up! I will walk, ride the exercise bike or use the elliptical. House cleaning and walking around Ikea counts too, right?

I am planning on having this baby naturally if I can. I had Adelle without any drugs and preferred it so much better than Lydia's birth. I was fully induced with Lydia and received an epidural. I know many women will view this as CRAZY, but I preferred the natural birth so much more! I don't like feeling out of control and honestly the pain was manageable. I liked that I was able to move and walk around during the labor as well as after the baby was born.

I am excited to have another baby! I have wanted this for a long time. I am not overly thrilled about having a baby in December, but I can't complain! I hope everything goes smoothly and that come December we will have a beautiful, healthy baby! I will be taking a full 3 months off and then will start working from home 4 days a week and 1 day in the office.

Here is to the next 30 weeks!

4 comments:

Mahatma said...

I'm so glad to see you chronical your pregnancy. Your girls will appreciate it when they have families of their own some day. I'm also happy you are able to keep exercise in your routine. It will make labor that much easier, especially with the 5 year gap thing. You are a wonderful mom and I'm blessed to have you in my life!

Deborah said...

You're a Rock Star Liz! Don't be afraid to give into some of the cravings. When your body craves something it is what your body(or the baby) needs. One of my friends has suggested a product called Preggie Pops to help with the morning sickness. You can get them at Walgreens. You can also order them online just google it. I haven't tried them yet, but will soon.
I keep telling myself to eat healthier and excersize more with this pregnancy with me already being over weight and am just lazy. You're inspiring me to get back on track! Again I say, You are a Rock Star!

Unknown said...

Deborah,

I tried the preggie pops and lets just say the really didn't do it for me. Don't buy any, I will bring you some on Sunday :)

Liz

Kandis Broadhead said...

My friend did natural childbirth and raves about it. For me I have to have c-sections so I think drugs is the only way to go ! :)

Remember that pregnancy isn't a life sentence and the sickness passes!