Tuesday, June 16, 2009

1/3 of the Way

If you are tired of hearing of this pregnancy already, I apologize, but this is one of the only ways I will remember it. My pregnancies with my girls is now just a blur, except for the the last 8 weeks with Adelle thanks to those great contractions. This is not going to turn into a pregnancy blog I promise. We have Lydia's birthday party this weekend and our family vacation next week, so don't worry you'll have other things to read about.

I am now 13 weeks and 1/3 of the way through. I am so excited that next week I will be starting my second trimester. I have had spotting off and on since week 6 and it has made me nervous at times. I know that being this far along has greatly reduced my chances of things going wrong. I have spoken to other mothers who had the same issues in their pregnancies and still went on to have healthy babies. My doctor isn't overly concerned and thinks things are going well, especially since we saw my little one at my first appointment.

I have found that my internal worrying has somehow manifested myself to my girls. Aren't kids perceptive! They have worried about the baby as well and Adelle one day asked if the baby could die. It made me realize even more that I need to relax and enjoy the pregnancy. It is becoming easier now that I am further along.

I will on occasion feel my little baby move. I remember what it felt like with my girls and it is such an exciting moment when it happens. I am looking forward to feeling my baby move on a regular basis when I get further along.

I rarely get morning sickness anymore, which is wonderful. I do get more hungry than usual and I still have cravings. I really tend to lean towards Italian food. I made one of my favorite childhood foods the other day, tetrazzini, and absolutely loved every bite and consumed all of the leftovers over the next couple of days. It reminded me of my mother since she was the one that made it for me as a girl. I miss her, but I know she is happy where she is. I feel like she is watching over my little baby.

I still get bouts of tiredness and often fall asleep on the couch in the evening for a little while before waking up, hanging with Wes, and then heading to bed. My family has been very patient with this!

This last Saturday I broke down and went clothes shopping. I found great bargains and I am so happy I will have cute, comfortable clothes to wear especially while I am gone on vacation. I have found that if my clothes are too tight it will actually cause spotting. Gotta love it, NOT! So I was especially motivated to get some new things. I usually HATE clothes shopping but for some reason I had a total blast finding stuff for myself on my solo shopping trip.

I am still exercising when I can, even though I have totally lost my previous fitness level. I tried a prenatal yoga DVD and couldn't walk properly for two days afterwards. It was a great workout that I think would really benefit me, if I can get brave enough to do it on a regular basis. I usually don't want anyone in the room when I do it though because it involves some vocalizations, arm flapping, and at times dancing in strange ways while imagining you are giving birth to your baby in a forest surrounded my caring women. You think I'm kidding? I'm not! Wes won't admit it, but I think he finds it hilarious! I can't really blame him! It is a bit embarrassing, but I find that I feel relaxed afterwards while at the same time using muscles that rarely get any sort of real work anymore.

I am so grateful for my little baby and we pray for it every day. Wes has been a very supportive, loving husband. He has been right there with me as I have stressed or haven't felt well. The girls are getting more excited all the time. Adelle still has questions. Last night I had to explain how the baby gets out. She seemed okay with how that happens. I remember telling Lydia years back and she vowed right then that she didn't want to have kids. I did make it much simpler with Adelle and she didn't ask if it hurt like Lydia did years ago.

I was asked the other day if my girls will be attending the birth and my answer was "Absolutely Not!". I don't want my girls to see me that way. Let them keep their innocence. Besides, it can be very distracting to have others in the room because then you are worried about them. It is a time that I will just need to focus on myself and what is going on. Besides, remember how they do with blood? Can you imagine them getting ill or passing out? It will very likely just be Wes and I, and the doctors and nurses OF COURSE. We probably won't have any other relatives. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of you, but prefer to keep it something between the two of us. This is especially true when you are having a natural birth when focusing is key :)

I am really looking forward to the next 27 weeks and can't wait to meet my little one. There is much that needs to be done around the house before we welcome our baby though. We need to turn the family/play room downstairs into the girls' new room. There are purchases to be made, walls to be painted, organizing to be done and furniture to be moved. I am hoping the walls will be painted by the end of the summer so they can dry well. Our basement is not known for warmth. It is an absolute icebox in the winter, which means I am hoping to find super warm comforters for the girls.

Well here's to the next 2/3 of the pregnancy!

2 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

I never get tired of reading about your prengnancy! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better now. I really liked your new top on Sunday. Super Cute!

Emma said...

Yeah! I love expecting with others! I only have 6 more weeks... I will keep you in our prayers that you and your baby will continue to be healthy.