Friday, October 23, 2009

Mini Update

I just wanted to take a brief moment to let you know what is going on in the family. Lydia unfortunately has come down with something and we are really hoping she we will recover soon. It appears to be some sort of stomach bug. Poor Girl! She unfortunately is also missing school today which isn't great. School has been a lot more challenging for her recently since she was put in an advanced program and almost all of her spare time on weekday nights is spent doing homework. We just seem to be getting sick often around our house nowadays.

Speaking of sickness, my doctor is highly recommending that I get the flu shot and H1N1 shot so I will very likely be standing in a long line at the Public Health Department trying to get immunized. I know there have been a lot of people who don't feel the vaccine is safe, but honestly every year each flu shot is new and I worry if I don't get the flu shots that I may get ill. H1N1 is really hitting pregnant women hard this year. Also, if I get immunized it will protect my little baby as well through the flu season. So here's hoping that it doesn't adversely effect me. I may drag Adelle with me for the H1N1 since she has already gotten the regular flu shot. Lydia on the other hand may have to wait a bit since she is sick of course. That is why she missed the regular one as well. We just don't seem to be having much luck with my girl.

Oh, Adelle said something really funny last night. She asked where the birth canal is. I very simply explained it is in between a mommy's legs. She then went on to declare that she's glad I'm
going to have Violet in the hospital because she doesn't want to see that. Wes and I laughed so hard. On one level it is good because she has been sad that I am going to be away from her for a couple of days. Silly girl!

2 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

Sorry to hear that Lydia's not well.
We got our flu shots last week. Jonah and Lilly got the H1N1 mist, but Jayne only got the regular flu shot since she's too little for the mist and they were out of the injectable vaccine. Hope it goes well for you. Nate got sick after his flu shot and the kids have had some fevers and headaches that I think might be side effects from the H1N1. But better that than getting the all out sickness.
I agree that it's a good idea for you to get it. Pregnancy can make us so vulnerable to any disease. Happy vaccinating!

Bonnie said...

I agree with you on the H1N1 shot. If your going to have a chance to avoid the sickness, why not get it. If you come down with it because of the shot at least you tried!