Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween School Parties and Dressing Up

Today is the girls' last day of school for the week. Their school actually let them dress up this year. They haven't let them do that in ages! I was planning on volunteering for Adelle's Kindergarten party when she informed me that it would make her uncomfortable. When I asked her why she said because she wants to be "all grown up". Come to find out Lydia would have liked for me to attend her party. I thought for sure she would be too cool to have her mom there. I ended up not being able to attend her party though because of a meeting that I have at work. Drat! You just can't win. Lydia wore her Arwen costume from last year. She is becoming such a young lady. She is going to be a biker girl when she is spending time with her Dad in Denver for Halloween. They have the costume for her there so she wasn't able to wear it to school.
Adelle decided to be Minnie Mouse for her party. She got the costume from her Grandma Julie for her birthday this past year. She wants to dress up as Belle though for Halloween night. It is Lydia's old costume from several years ago.

The girls were super excited for the festivities at school! Lydia did complain though that only boys ever seem to know who she is when she's dressed up as Arwen. I guess it isn't the thing as a girl to watch "Lord of the Rings". It doesn't help when both of your parents are Nerds!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the costumes! What a cute mom you are!

Mahatma said...

Thanks for posting the great pics. I'm happy to see Adelle in her Mini outfit and of course Lydia looks darling too. Tell Wes we hope he gets to feeling better! ...j

Lisa P. said...

they look adorable!