Well, our family did our part to stimulate the economy this past weekend. We made a very large purchase, especially by our standards. We finally bought a new computer. I was actually running out of space on my old one to upload digital files. I just couldn't have that seeing as I am the unofficial family historian. I also bought a mini computer desk for the living room to see if I can squeeze the computer into our most used living space. I absolutely can't stand being stuck in the cold basement to work on projects. I feel so isolated from the family. Hopefully the new computer will stay upstairs because it makes all the difference in the world to me. We'll see. Wes says it is on probation. Funny thing though, I did come home from church yesterday to see him hanging out on the couch using the computer. The little desk is on wheels and can move to various locations.By the way, can I say the new computer is FAST!!! Also I must say I am in awe with the amount of space that is available on the wondrous new machine. I uploaded over 5000 digital photos (yes, I said over 5000), and hours and hours of video without any problems! Thank you Erica for the use of your external hard drive. It made the process SO MUCH EASIER! The only hiccup that we have had thus far is Vista. Curse you Vista! We have a wonderful video editing software and it didn't appear to be compatible with Vista. Now you have to understand that one of the main reasons we got the computer was to make movies. Anyway, after several tries, downloads from the manufacturer's website, and a patch or two the software appears to be working. It was a close one. At one point we thought it had wiped out a few drivers and killed our new wireless card (which the computer didn't come with of course).
After all the headaches I think everything is working and I can't wait to get some projects going. The first one of the list I think will be the backstage video from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" at the Empress Theatre. Wes, Adelle and I had a blast watching all the video clips from that night. There is about 30 minutes of footage and I can't wait to get it burned onto a DVD. It is too bad I didn't get the project done months ago. I am sure the cast would have loved to watch it! There is so much footage of everyone doing our backstage things and answering fun questions. Perhaps I'll have to post a few clips on facebook. I don't know though, do you think the girls would like the dressing room, singing scenes posted publicly? Probably not!
1 comment:
Yay! Congratulations!
Post a Comment