
Once in a while we like to experiment for dinner. Last Sunday we decided to be
adventurous. With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner we decided to try Corned Beef and Cabbage. The girls decorated the table with place cards, green plates, and menus. Lydia even made green punch. I cooked the corned beef in the crock pot for most of the day and put the cabbage in for the last 4 hours. The results? We all loved the corned beef and
potatos. Wes and I liked the cabbage, but the girls sure didn't. I think it was slightly overcooked so the texture was a bit too soft. The girls ended up sitting at the table for a while until they decided it wasn't worth dessert to finish their dinner. Adelle at one point said she thought she was going the throw up. I think we will have to try it again sometime, but I will just cook the cabbage less. Besides, everyone loved the corned beef so much that there wasn't any left!
2 comments:
I'm with Lydia and Adelle on the cooked cabbage thing. I love it raw, but as soon as the odor hits the air from cooking, I can't eat it. But I like green food. I had a green sandwich from Great harvest on St. Paddy's. ...julie
I love corned beef and cabbage. I also love New England boiled dinner which is the same as the Irish dish but with carrots and onions. I hope your tastes change. Personally I cannot eat mayonnaise so maybe it is allergies. God bless you. Uncle James
Post a Comment