Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Planning our Vacation

Our family has been planning what we would like to do for the summer. I have really felt like we should get away. This past year has been very stressful and we could use some relaxation and quality family time. We looked at several different options from Disneyland to the Grand Canyon, but we have decided to go to the Oregon Coast.

About 3 years ago we ventured with Wes' family to the Oregon Coast and absolutely loved it. It is beautiful and there is just something magical about standing in front of the ocean. You feel like you are on the edge of the world. I started researching options to see where to stay. Wes remarked the other day how much time I put into "researching" a vacation. It is HOURS and HOURS, but you have to understand that I get so few vacations I want it to be as perfect as possible.

I finally decided on a rental in Oceanside, Oregon right near the beach. We will be staying in the guest quarters of this beach house.

We will have our own little unit complete with kitchen and everything else we may need!
Ahh, I can almost smell the sea air and feel the wind on my face. Don't you just love this porch swing with the ocean view!

This is the ocean view!
Our whole family is SUPER EXCITED! I even took the girls to Costco this past weekend to buy giant, nylon kites to fly on the beach. I can't wait. We will be staying for a whole week at the end of June. Netart's Bay is very close to Oceanside. You can go crab fishing in Netart's Bay by just renting a little boat. We took the girls 3 years ago and we had the time of our lives. We actually caught 13 crabs and they were delicious! We are planning on going crabbing again. It was a riot!

Now the test will be waiting 3 1/2 months until we go. Oh, guess what I found on the fabulous Internet as well. A live surf cam of the beach that we will be staying on. Check it out!

http://www.oceanview-realty.com/surf_cam.asp

I think I'll have to open it up while I'm working and watch the waves roll in. I can't wait!!!

No comments: