Tuesday, July 7, 2009

16 Weeks (4 Months)

Well I am taking a quick break from vacation posts since I am 16 weeks today in my pregnancy. Here are some facts about what has been happening.

I have been worrying a lot less which has been GREAT! My spotting has been pretty much non-existent recently which has been wonderful!

My abdomen just keeps growing and growing as well as other things. It is interesting to look in the mirror and see how much my body has already changed. I am even starting to outgrow my dresses :( Sad, but true. It is nice though that I am starting to show more. I am glad that I have a pretty good stock of maternity clothes thanks to purchases and borrowing!

I can usually feel the baby moving a couple of times during the day. It usually is just little flutters at this point. It is nice to feel my little babe and reminds me of the fun times ahead. I can't wait until Wes and the girls can feel the baby moving as well. I know that will come in the weeks ahead.

I am super excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I should probably know in the next 3 or 4 weeks. Lydia now wants a girl instead of a boy. She decided this after spending an afternoon with my nephew. He really is a doll, but boys can be very different. Adelle has now decided that she wants us to have a boy because she doesn't want to share her girly toys and other possessions. You have to love my kids :) We know for sure what we would name a girl, but still haven't decided on a boy name, so it will be interesting to see what we are having.

I am finding that I need to eat more and more food. This morning I came into work and was visiting with a coworker and almost passed out because I hadn't had breakfast yet. It is amazing how much pregnancy requires of your body.

I am getting out of shape. I got a sore arm from throwing snaps on the 4th of July which is super pathetic!! Now that I have been less worried and that I'm back from vacation I am trying to exercise on a regular basis again. I love the elliptical, but have found that I working out at 1/2 of the intensity than before I was pregnant. I figure any exercise is better than no exercise at all.

I am happy to be pregnant and am trying to find moments to enjoy it. I am so grateful and thank my Heavenly Father every day for this blessing. I am also trying to spend quality time with the family before our world drastically changes. Last night we played card games on the front lawn and had a wonderful time.

My thoughts have been turning more towards my mother recently and I wonder if she is looking out for our little one before it joins us :) I miss her, but I know she happy where she is.

Well, here's hoping that the next 24 weeks go well!

2 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

You write so beautifully about your pregnancy! I wish I had written more about mine. Now most of what I remember is the stuff I didn't like about them. You're so good at focusing on the beauty of the experience.

Tiffany said...

Good for you! I'm so happy for you! I think pregnant women are SO beautiful! Savor every minute!!