Thursday, July 30, 2009

In Favor of Manly Ideas

So I was discussing my baby room ideas with Wesley and brought up the idea of "Wind in the Willows" for a boy and right away he said he would prefer we theme a boy's room around the "Jungle Book" by Rudyard Kipling. In his words the Wind in the Willows is just a story, Alice at least is a "mind trip" and the Jungle Book is a political commentary. Isn't our household interesting?


At first I was a little disappointed because, let's face it, the jungle theme is overly done in baby rooms. But then I started thinking about all of the fun things that I could do. Besides I would be centering the room around the book and not around pastel giraffes and monkeys, and the "Jungle Book" is set in India. I have already scoured the KSL Classifieds (my new love) to find all sorts of possibilities. I was even able to find a realistic, giant, stuffed Tiger for $20! Of course I am getting ahead of myself again. Tomorrow is the big day though! The ultrasound!!! Can you tell I'm excited? From there I can start working on my project. I think my poor husband is tired of hearing about it. Maybe I'm going crazy! They say it can happen to pregnant women. Personally being the pregnant woman at the moment it is hard to put everything into perspective. What do you think? Am I losing it?

1 comment:

The Barnum Family said...

No, you're not losing it! The ultrasound is so exciting, especially finding out the sex of the baby.
It sounds like your baby is going to have a fabulous and unique room wheter it's a boy or a girl. I wish I were creative like that. My poor kids didn't have anything. Just boring rooms.