Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bursting with Baby Ideas

I have been bursting with ideas for the baby room recently. I have to admit that I never really had a theme for either of my girls when they were born. There was no grand color scheme, painted walls or wonderful accessories. They still had cute things, but nothing more than that.

For some reason I have just had the funnest time thinking of ideas for the new baby. Wes says I am nesting. I call it creativity. Why not plan something fun! I don't know yet if we are having a boy or a girl so I have come up with two different ideas. I am not a big fan of the same old themes. I wanted something entirely original. I am a big fan of classic literature and I think it would be a blast to have a room themed around a classic children's story.

If we have a girl I want the room to be centered around Alice in Wonderland. Now mind you, I'm not talking about the Disney Alice in Wonderland (which granted I still enjoy), but more around the original John Tenniel illustrations. It isn't a surprise to many that know me that I absolutely love the Alice story. I would love to frame some of the artwork and put it on the walls. I even have a grand idea of a stacked tea cup lamp that I think I could make own my own.


If we have a boy I think I would like to center around the classic story "Wind in the Willows". I haven't decided which illustrator I like the most, but I have always enjoyed the animal characters! I must admit though while I have seen the movies and read several shorter stories I have never read the full novel. So, I have decided to listen to the audio book while I work today. It is funny how these simple ideas have me so excited! Perhaps it is nesting, but isn't it a little early for that? Of course I will need to wait to find out what we are having before I jump head first into any projects. In the meantime though I'll enjoy my visions of the perfect room for my little one.

No comments: