Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oregon Vacation Day 7

I decided that Sunday would be a fun day to enjoy more of the coast, so we went for a drive on the Scenic Pacific Coast Highway. I took the wheel and drove to my heart's content. The drive was gorgeous. You would suddenly find yourself in dense wooded areas and turn a corner and the coast would be right in front of you! After a few hours of driving I figured we should eat lunch. We stopped at this quaint, little cafe.

We all enjoyed our food. Adelle of course stuck with burgers and fries, Lydia decided to order french toast, Wes had to get the local seafood platter, and I ordered a club sandwich with a delicious cup of clam chowder!





After lunch we headed to the Yaquina Lighthouse. We started at the visitor's center with was exceptional. It had models, a movie about the lighthouse, pictures, statues, and all sorts of things to explore.





After the visitor center we began our walk to the lighthouse.

We decided to take a little detour down to some tide pools.

We all enjoyed finding the sea creatures. We had to watch our step across the rocks to not step on creatures, or to fall in the water.

The pools were filled with star fish, purple sea urchins, little fish, and other sea life.






When we made it to the lighthouse we found out that we would need to wait 30 minutes to climb over 100 stairs to the top. We decided not to wait but to explore the area around the lighthouse.





The lighthouse was surrounded with rocks that are covered with tons of birds. It was incredibly windy and the girls enjoyed the feeling of almost blowing away.


From there we drove back to our place along the highway, even hitting traffic along the way. When we got back all Adelle wanted to do was to hang out on the porch swing. I decided to take advantage of our last night and go for a walk all by myself. It was incredibly peaceful.

I not only checked out the views but the local real estate. Did you know that a small 2 bedroom house in Oceanside is about $400,000. I guess we'll be staying in our home for some time to come.


I couldn't resist walking along the beach one last time, even if the wind was still roaring.



Wes captured this beautiful sunset. What beautiful country!

No comments: