Thursday, September 22, 2011

The First Day of School!

On August 22 the girls went back to school. Adelle is going to the same school she went to last year and is still in the advanced learning program. She really likes her new teacher and already knew almost all the kids in her class from last year.












Lydia on the other hand stepped into an entirely new experience. She started Jr. High. She had a back to school night the Wednesday before school where she could meet her teachers and a practice half day of school on Thursday. It is a special day just for the 7th graders so they can find all their classes and get used to their schedule.







Lydia really seems to be easing into school well. She is also involved in a lot of extra activities. She tried out for Pizazz, a singing and dancing group, and made it. She has practices very early in the morning twice a week. She also tried out for the musical "Bye Bye Birdie" and made it. She has practices for that every day after school. Despite all her business she is also keeping up with her school work and violin practicing.

















Wes walks the girls to school every morning. I'm grateful for his flexible schedule that allows him to be so involved. I am so proud of my girls!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

Both of the girls look so great. I love first day of school porch and backpack pics. They are the best! You should be proud, I know I am. Hugs! ...j