Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lydia and Young Womens

With Lydia turning 12 this year she has begun attending the YW program in our church. She absolutely loves it! We have starting working on personal progress and it is something we enjoy working on together. Being a mom I can actually earn a medallion as well. I never finished personal progress when I was a YW which is something which disappointed me. I am so grateful for the opportunity for Lydia and I to work together to complete the program. It also allows us to discuss gospel principles and to be closer to one another. I have felt how important this is especially as she has begun Jr. High. I can see her slowly changing and I want to make sure her bonds are strong with our family and that she remembers who she is.

She had an opportunity at a YW activity to learn how to decorate cakes. She had a really fun time and I think she did a pretty good job!
Her hands were dyed blue from the food coloring.


She is growing up so much and I'm so grateful to be her mom.

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

She's a great girl! Cute cake Lydia! ...j