We decided to gather together for Pioneer day. We held our celebration at our modest home. At least it is warm enough in the summer to sit outside so we are not cramped. Wes' family joined us and my brother was even able to join us after work.

My wonderful mother in law,
Ellen!

Wes' brother Jeff. He had recently become a
blonde.

Wes' dad, Bill, was busy taking video.

I don't usually put pictures of myself on the blog, but I need to every so often just to prove that I am still around. Wes captured this picture and honestly, I'm not sure what I'm thinking here.

We figured Lydia is old enough to light some fireworks. She enjoyed the snakes.


I did the barbecuing this time and it was pretty good, if I do say so myself. You've got to love kabobs!

We tried something new with Violet. She usually gets upset when she's outside stuck in her highchair, but it is hard to let her run around since we don't have a fence. She did pretty well hanging out in her play pen. We hadn't used it in a long time.

Lydia and Adelle had fun putting the snake soot on their faces. Lydia didn't want her picture taken, which is usual.

Violet enjoyed playing with Grandpa's hat. She is quite the little cowgirl.


Adelle imagined she was making a fire with sticks. No spontaneous flames
occurred.

We finally decided to get the fireworks show going even though it was still a little bit light. Violet was happy enough to see some of the fun!

We again let Lydia light some fireworks. She was very responsible and it was probably her favorite part of the night.

Adelle kept creeping closer, and closer to the fireworks, but thanks to my nagging she stayed safe.

After a while Violet wanted to get closer too. She wanted to get down. When I told her "No" she was quite upset. We figured she was tired so she went to bed.

Adelle was quite pleased that we had soda in the house! She had several helpings until we finally had to cut her off.

We were also brave enough to let Lydia and Adelle try sparklers. The grown ups got involved too.
1 comment:
What a great memory. The girls look adorable in the pics, even shy Lydia. Love the little cowgirl look. Adelle is starting to remind me more of you personality wise. She has an adventurous soul. ...j
Post a Comment