Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lizzy, Lizzy how does your garden grow?

Here are a few more pics from our garden harvest. This really is very small sampling of our bountiful harvest. We have especially been overwhelmed with tomatoes. I really wish I knew how to can. So far I have made homemade salsa (using our garden tomatoes, tomatillos, and jalapeno peppers), homemade spaghetti sauce (tomatoes), and homemade Cafe Rio dressing (tomatillos and jalapeno peppers). The Cafe Rio dressing was especially marvelous!!!
We have also cooked up squash in various dishes and sliced cucumbers to munch on. I have an especially large bowl on my kitchen counter that is overflowing with tomatoes. I will need to buckle down soon and find a way to preserve them so we can continue to enjoy their marvelous flavors!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

You can always peel and shred the zucchini and freeze it. Most people I know make Salsa with their tomoates or bottle them. I wish I could give you a recipe, but you'd be better off surfing the internet. Hugs! ...j