Thursday, December 22, 2011

5 Little Pumpkins

I know that I am super behind in blogging. Work has been busy and putting long hours in front of a computer has made it hard for me to think of blogging. Now that I have a week or so off I'm hoping to catch up. The Sunday before Halloween our little family gathered around the kitchen table to make our pumpkins. I gave Violet a crayon and she really enjoyed coloring her pumpkin.





The girls had a fun time choosing their very own pumpkin.







Wes was very helpful opening up the pumpkins and helping with the scraping.






Lydia and Adelle both made their own designs.






Adelle was SO EXCITED to finally be carving pumpkins. I kept promising to do it and I'm glad we finally found time.






Violet wanted a happy pumpkin so with my carving knife I created one for her.





I created a scared pumpkin! That spider has him spooked!






Adelle created a girl pumpkin that is sticking it's tongue out.







Lydia wanted a pumpkin with a uni brow!





After Wes was done helping everyone else he took time to create his pumpkin masterpiece!






He didn't use a stencil at all, only his imagination!











We sure had a lot of fun and we placed our 5 little pumpkins on the porch. This year we were even fortunate enough for none of our pumpkins to be stolen or smashed. Instead we let them sit and grow mold. Eventually we had to say goodbye to our pumpkins, but we will always have our pictures!




No comments: