Saturday, December 24, 2011
Lydia, My Sad Little Girl
Lydia was lucky enough to make it in the musical at her Junior High this year. They performed "Bye Bye Birdie". Lydia was cast as a "sad little girl" for the number "Put on a Happy Face". She was a teenage girl for the rest of the show. She did an amazing job looking so devestated that Conrad Birdie was leaving for the army. She was super cute!!
The show was amazing and one of the best I have seen done by younger kids. It was even better than some high school productions that I've seen before. The stage was overflowing with students. I love that the drama teacher included so many people! When all the girls would scream for Conrad it was deafening!! They asked that we not take picrures or video during the show so I complied. They did say there will be a photo CD and DVD so I will have to share some more pictures when we get that. I think Lydia really enjoyed being in the show despite the long rehearsal hours. She even got to go to a cast party at Artic Circle on closing night. I have never seen so many people crammed into Artic Circle! I am so proud of Lydia and her blossoming talent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm proud of Lydia too and grateful she is such a delightful girl! ...j
Post a Comment