We headed inside, ate some yummy food, and gathered in the living room to open presents. There were a lot of people and a lot of presents so it was hectic, but still fun.
From my parents we received some new PlayStation 2 games, some gift cards, and clothes for Wes and I, including new shoes for me. Yeah!
Adelle received clothes, church shoes and tights, and some new Kelly Barbie dolls. They were collector edition dolls (Raggedy Ann and Andy, Alice and Wonderland and the Mad Hatter, and a Princess and a Prince). They of course are already out of their packaging. I have saved the Collector Certificates. Why I'm not sure, but I have anyway.
Lydia received the Little House on the Prairie Book set (which I may read at some point myself), clothes including a beautiful new dress, and some church shoes and tights.
Julie's mom gave us Lehi Roller Mills baking mixes. Yummy! The girls can't wait for me to make sugar cookies with them. I am waiting until our pile of treats from our neighbors is gone. Allie gave us a gas card which is always appreciated.
Sarah and Matt gave me new jewelry (which just happens to match my new top that Wes made). The gave Wes a Joann's gift card. They gave Lydia a new book and Adelle received these wonderful realistic looking play chocolates.
Grandma Walter gave Wes and I cash. She gave Lydia a Fur Real bird which really chirps and tries to drink out of a bottle. She also gave her some more littlest pets. She gave Adelle her bear factory which she has been wanting so much and an outfit for one of the bears.
Phil gave the girls silly putty and gave our family a fun board game set.
We had fun visiting with everyone. It was funny to see little Cedric get excited about his presents. He received an electronic dog from my Grandmother Walter which absolutely made him laugh every time it would flip. My parents also gave him a very cool toy piano, an upright one at that. It is amazing.
After things had settled down Lydia and I played Phil's new Harry Potter Clue game with him. It was a lot of fun to play a board game with him again. Phil and I used to play board games for hours when we were kids! I enjoyed winning too :) I have a competitive streak which I forget about sometimes.
We then headed home to spend the rest of the day relaxing and trying out our new toys. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year and I wish it wouldn't go by so quickly.
Thank you everyone for your love and generosity. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment