Thursday, January 22, 2009

Following the Changes.

I hope each of you had an opportunity to watch part of the inauguration ceremonies for the new President this Tuesday. I was fortunate to be working at home that day which allowed me to have the television on while working. It was a day which I spent mainly doing reports which allowed me to listen to everything going on. Isn't it amazing that the United States of America can transition so peacefully from leader to leader? So many countries can't do that. I loved every moment of the day and am excited to see how the next four years will go.

Did you know that the current administration has set up a website complete with a blog?? They have and I have been hopping over to the site often to see what is going on. You can find it at http://www.whitehouse.gov/ . I have taken a very active interest in the changes that are happening with the new President and will be watching him and his administration closely.

My girls have been very interested in Sasha and Malia especially since they are close to my girls ages (well Adelle is a few years younger then Sasha). Lydia told me she had a dream about a month ago. In this dream we visited the White House. Lydia made an appointment to see President Obama. She sat down with him and asked if she could play with Malia (Obama's oldest daughter). Obama heartily consented and Lydia and Malia fast became best friends. From there the Obama's invited us to live in the White House with them. Lydia also remarked in her dream that they had wonderfully delicious chocolates in the White House! I love my girl!! Can you imagine our family living in the White House?

Inspired by all of the events these past few days I thought how wonderful it would be for our family to spend our next family vacation in Washington, D.C. I had the opportunity to go there when I was younger and loved it. There are so many things to see from monuments, war memorials and amazing museums. That said, did you know that it would cost our family about $1600 just for the airfare? I decided to map quest directions from our front door to the White House. It would take us about 31 hours of driving and would be over 2000 miles. I actually ran across the new website mentioned above because I was searching for the address to the White House. Isn't it sad that I didn't know it already? My husband seemed to think it was. In case you wanted to know it is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW. Anyway, all of that said, it is not looking very likely that we will be heading to Washington D.C. anytime soon. Perhaps it will have to be a future hope!

2 comments:

Star said...

You should try http://www.travelzoo.com/ they send me emails with lots of really cheap air fare and hotels to lots of random places. I think I've seen D.C. on there a few times.
I went to D.C. last year and it is one of my very favorite vacations. Just make sure your kids are use to going to lots of museums.

Bonnie said...

Love the dream your daughter had. I think it is so sweet having those two little girls in the white house. People just love it when there are little ones supporting their Dad (or mom someday!) as they are leading the country.