Thursday, January 15, 2009

When dad goes shopping....

this is what we get!



That's right. A whole box of Krispie Kreme Doughnuts! I come in the house and they are the first thing I see adorning my kitchen counter. I walk into the living room and advise my husband he is in trouble. Adelle of course gets this panicked look wondering if they are all in trouble. Of course they aren't and I manage to ease her mind.


I remind my husband how I am trying to eat healthy. In fact I had discussed with the family a few days earlier that we should have less desserts. My girls have come to rely on dessert night every night. Granted, it usually is just a small piece of candy or something else small, but I thought it would be better if we didn't have dessert every night of the week.


He just says "Well don't eat one then". Sure, don't eat one when they are looking at me with all their yummy, gooey goodness. I checked out the label and did you know that a glazed doughnut will run you about 190 calories and 10 grams of fat. The cream filled doughnut will run you 350 calories and 20 grams of fat (these of course look the best to me). Sigh. I won't even get into the grams of sugar.
What is a girl to do? Hopefully they will be gone soon so they won't tempt me to over indulge too much. The question is how many days do you think it will take for a dozen doughnuts to be consumed by 2 adults and 2 children. I give it two days. Just watch!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Liz yeah I agree that would be so hard to not eat one. They are so tempting and yummy aren't they? I love the way you describe things, you should write a novel.

Denise said...

OMG you are one strong woman!! LOL there is no way I could have passed those up let alone pas up 2 or 3 or.....LOL Be strong!!

Unknown said...

I wish I could say I stayed strong LOL! I did have one glazed one (because the cream filled ones had already been consumed). What tipped me over for the night was actually not the doughnuts but the other random snacks I had. Oh well. Today is a new day!