Monday, August 10, 2009
Kicking the Kids Out
I am working from home today and I have decided the girls are no longer lounging around this summer playing PlayStation, reading and trapped in their rooms. I am officially kicking the girls out of the house for at least an hour. When I told Lydia this she gave me this look like "you are the meanest mom ever". Perhaps I am, but I think my children need a good dose of fresh air. While getting her shoes on Lydia asked if she could take a book out with her. I advised her absolutely not, which of course just befuddled her more. Adelle seems more open to the idea especially since I advised her that Lydia has an unused jump rope in her room. I threw them out the door with the jump rope, sidewalk chalk, and a yo yo. I also advised them to try using their imaginations to come up with something to do. We'll see how this goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is the best plan I have heard all summer!
Nice job Liz, get them out in the sunshine. I need to get out more with my little Brayden. Your nursery ideas sound so amazing, you and Wes are so creative and talented.
tell them about "the hole" ha ha ha
I laughed out loud! That is so great!
Post a Comment