Friday, August 21, 2009

I HATE my computer right NOW!

Do you remember when I bought my computer and how much I absolutely loved it? If you don't remember that post you can read it here :http://thoughtsofliz.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-computer.html. Anyway, I have come to absolutely HATE my computer right now. May I suggest that you never buy a Gateway LX68101-01. Just don't do it!!!!! Yesterday my computer started randomly shutting itself off with now warning whatsoever. I have only had this computer for a few months! At first I thought I must have hit the power button. Then I thought maybe it was my old power strip so I replaced it with a new one on hand. That didn't do it. I then replaced the actual power cord to the computer and guess what...that's right it still was doing it. I decided to do some research on the internet to see what I could find and lo and behold I fould out that I wasn't the only one having the same problem. Oh No, there are many consumers that have gone through the same thing to find out that there computer is not adequately cooling! The fix? Buy two more fans and install them to properly cool the monster box that should already be engineered to avoid overheating.

ARGGGG! I don't usually rant, but this just has me so upset right now! I have just been granted the opportunity to work at home 4 days a week. Guess when that is starting? Next week! So I am really hoping we are able to get the computer properly cooling by then. Currently I have just taken the whole side off the box to give it enough air. The problem of course is that I don't think we will be able to just go out and buy fans for the box just off the shelf at a store. It may have to be an internet order. Curse you Gateway!!! You're probably thinking "Isn't there some type of Warranty?" In response to your question: Yes, there is a warranty, but from everything I have read Gateway will not do anything much to fix the problem and you get to ship the computer at your own expense. They will never install extra product on their machine which they designed in the first place.

Oh...and on top of it all...it appears that Adelle's CD player is on the fritz as well. What is the deal? Must every electronic device break down at the same time? I guess I'm not surprised with the CD player. It was a Wal-Mart buy.

Thanks for letting my unload. I really hope we resolve this soon.

1 comment:

The Barnum Family said...

Good luck getting that taken care of. Our computer sucks too, but it's 7 years old, so it's expected. Hope you can get that thing cooling quickly and cheaply.