Wes and I decided to head up to Park City and stay at the Woodside Inn. They were having a wonderful recession special that we couldn't pass up.
We were also thrilled that each room has a two person jacuzzi tub! There is nothing like relaxing in a GIANT tub!
We decided to head out Saturday evening to explore main street and to get dinner. Our wonderful Innkeeper clipped some coupons from the local paper to save us money for dinner. I highly recommend staying at this bed and breakfast. The service was wonderful and the rooms are very reasonable! Anyway, back to the adventure. We caught the free public bus which dropped us right by main street.
We decided to eat at one of our favorite restaurants! Chimayo! We had gone there 6 years earlier for our anniversary and it has held a favorite place in our culinary memories ever since. Eating there again didn't disappoint. The food was fabulous and thanks to our coupon very reasonable for a fine restaurant. Yummy! I love that place. From there we walked around Main Street enjoying the shops and galleries. We really enjoyed looking at the art! I even picked up some adorable finger puppets for all three of my girls for Christmas to put in their stockings. They are so cute! Poor Wes had a broken toe so it was uncomfortable for him to walk too much. We were quite the pair; a pregnant woman and a man with a broken toe.
We headed back to our room to enjoy some time together. There is nothing like time away with each other. We woke up pretty well rested and sat down to breakfast made by one of the Innkeepers. Wes loved the apple french toast and ham. Mine was underdone at first so I sent it back to be cooked some more. I wasn't super impressed, but it wasn't bad.
We checked out and decided to go the the Silly Sunday Market on the Park City main street. There were so many vendors. Most of the items were more than I would want to spend, but I did find a lovely Christmas gift for my sister. I am determined to have Christmas shopping done early.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad that you two got to have some time alone. It sounds like a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment