Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Daddy's Girl and Family News

This was taken during one of Violet's "wakeful" periods. She is wide awake for about 1-2 hours a day. The rest is spent eating, sleeping, etc. The girls still absolutely love her and think she is the sweetest thing ever. She is still sleeping in her bouncy seat and still loves being swaddled. One night she actually slept 8 hours straight! She usually will get up once or twice in the night though. I would eventually like to transition her to the bassinett or crib, but right now she really prefers the bouncy seat and I haven't found the energy at night to really stick to it. Violet was two weeks old yesterday and she has her two week appointment later today. Hopefully everything will go well.

Other news on the home front:

Wes is AMAZING! Our heater broke on New Year's Eve. He and his dad found a temporary solution to allow us to still get heat until the problem was fixed. Wes was able to buy a new part today for the furnace and fixed it all by himself! He really is so awesome!!

The girls have started back school again. They were a big help during the break. They washed dishes, swept floors, cleaned toilets. I really appreciated them. They still of course found time to watch movies, play games, and to cause some general mischief. Adelle decided to break into a Science Kit that Santa had given the girls. She managed to get some paint on the playroom carpet and to make a general mess. She felt SUPER GUILTY which was most of her punishment. She is too much like me. The paint really didn't come off too much. Instead of a dark green it is now a light green more dispersed in the carpet fibers.

Lydia is growing up more and more every day. She is becoming more conscious of her self image and friends are becoming more important in her life. I hope this next phase goes smoothly and that she will still find mom fun and cool.

I am recovering well except I recently tweaked my shoulder. It is an old injury but I am just trying to use it less. I have started "wearing" Violet more (on my right side of course) which has allowed me to feel somewhat useful again. I managed to get the dishes done, sweep the floor, and to get a roast in the crock pot. I should be careful not to overdue it though.

3 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

It was so fun to get to see little Violet for a minute at Walmart! She's beautiful and you look great too.
Do be careful not to overdo it. You deserve to rest and be pampered a bit for a while!

Tiffany said...

Oh do be careful!! Violet is beautiful!

Mahatma said...

Glad to hear you are regaining some of your strength and that the girls are being helpful.

Wow, that Wes is amazing to fix the furnace on his own. I know that necessity is the mother of invention, but I am really impressed he would undertake the project in the first place. Glad you are all safe and warm.