I absolutely adore being her mom despite the lack of sleep. She smiled at me yesterday for just a moment while she was awake. Adelle and I really enjoyed reading stories last night for over an hour. We would take turns reading based on Violet's mood at the moment. I miss my Lydia girl since she has been downstairs trying to get better. We have her all set up with a TV and VCR so she can watch movies. Wes has been wonderful to get her the things that she needs. That is our world right now. It is a small little sphere for me, but I am content.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Our World Right Now
The whole family loves to gather around Violet when she is awake and ready to visit with us. The girls haven't been able to spend too much time around their sister recently though. Both of them caught the stomach flu bug and have been pretty sick. Adelle got over it in a few days after being violently sick. Lydia still has a fever and we really hope she will be feeling better soon. 
Violet is growing more and more all the time. At her two week appointment last Tuesday she was 8 pounds 6 ounces and 23 inches long. She is 80% for her weight; her length is off the charts; and her head is average. Some days go pretty well around here and other days are more challenging. Last night was a particularly hard night. Violet was up frequently wanting to eat and has been more fussy than usual. I wonder if she is going through a growth spurt. I have taken to watching lots of TV, reading, or watching movies since Violet is frequently wanting to eat which means I am stuck sitting down. I am hoping to get her to sleep in her rocker seat today so I can get some sort of a nap and avoid walking around in a sleepy haze all day. I don't want her to get in the habit of sleeping in my arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Violet looks very much like Adelle... such a cute family :)
She's beautiful Liz! We might be out your way spring or summer again. Can't wait to see your new family addition.
I hope Lydia gets feeling better soon!
The first couple of months with a new baby I always feel like a sleep deprived zombie. I hope little Violet lets you catch some zzzzz's.
Post a Comment