Tired, Tired, Tired! Violet wouldn't go down until 11:30 last night and then woke up at 3:30, 5:15, and again at 7:45. I think she hasn't been sleeping as well because I have been out running errands and allowing her to sleep more. Also I was suddenly exhausted yesterday afternoon and let Violet sleep with me in my bed. I am eventually going to have to get her back to some sort of routine if I want to get any type of rest at night.
I went to the funeral home yesterday and met Julie and two of her sisters there. We chose a beautiful coffin for my Dad. It is a dark mahogany wood and it looks almost like the wood from a grand piano which we thought was fitting for my dad. The interior is lined will a cream velvet. May I say, coffins are not cheap!
After the funeral home we went over to Harmon's flowers and selected a spray for the top of the coffin and two side arrangements. Julie wanted to go with blue, white and purple flowers. I thing they will look beautiful. May I also say, flowers are not cheap.
I was able to find the music online for the song that Sarah, Phillip and I will be singing which is great. Wes printed it off for me and I delivered it to a fabulous woman in the ward who will be playing for us.
I delivered my Dad's new CD to Kerry Moore who will be playing one of Dad's songs at the funeral.
The morning went well. It felt good to be able to help Julie and to support her. When I got home though I found myself suddenly exhausted. I hate how grief will suddenly physically manifest. That is when I foolishly allowed Violet to sleep with me. I just felt like I couldn't stay awake anymore. I will probably wake up eventually this morning and shouldn't complain.
Sarah was busy with my grandma yesterday. She is really having a hard time physically and emotionally.
Today Phillip, Sarah and I need to find time to rehearse. I am sure other things will come up in the day that need to be done as well. I can't believe the viewing is tomorrow night already. I really need to take time to write out some thoughts since I will be speaking in the funeral.
I can do all this! Heavenly Father must think I can handle a lot. I won't prove him wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment