Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in our Own Way

Thanksgiving didn't go entirely as planned this year. On Thanksgiving Day we were supposed to go to Wes' parents house. Violet came down with a fever the day before and we thought for sure that we were going to miss out on the occasion. Lydia was already out of town. We ended up giving Violet some tylenol and her fever went down and we thought she would be good to go. We headed over to Ellen's and while we waited for dinner to cook Violet began to melt down. It was pretty clear she wasn't feeling well. So back home Violet and I went. Wes was sweet and brought me a plate of food once everything was done and he headed back to eat with Adelle and his family. I put Violet down to bed and watched various movies on Netflix until Adelle and Wes made it back home.


The Sunday after Thanksgiving we headed to Julie's house. Lydia's natural grandparents dropped her off while we were eating. She'd had a long drive from California. Violet, though better, was not in a festive mood. She refused to eat and had fit after fit. I think she was overwhelmed. I felt awful for the rest of the people attending the dinner. We eventually gave up and headed home. Funny enough when we got home Violet was very happy and hungry. We all sat down, gave Violet some dinner and visited with Lydia after her absence. We had a wonderful time and it ended up being our favorite part of the holiday.












I caught Lydia at an akward moment. He he he! Maybe it was the long drive!




2 comments:

Mahatma said...

It was great to have you for turkey/ham day. What a great family you have! ...j

Michelle said...

Beautiful picture, love it!!