Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Braxton Hicks

Braxton Hicks are one of the most interesting things aren't they? For no apparent reason at all suddenly your abdomen tightens into this rock hard ball. It isn't necessarily painful, but it isn't comfortable either. I will have days when I will get them more frequently. I wonder if it when my body is growing to accommodate my growing girl. Now that I work at home four days a week I will often sit at my computer desk in my living room, barefoot working away. I still haven't gotten to the point of wearing pajamas and not showering. Somehow the world just doesn't feel right if I haven't gotten ready for the day. Make-up is optional and there are days I choose to apply my minimalist make-up before beginning the day. I really don't wear that much anyway.

I have gotten off the point though, back to Braxton Hicks. I like to sit indian style in my computer chair and guess what I've found? They trigger Braxton Hicks contractions. Why in heavens name would that be the case. So now I need to remind myself to keep my feet under the desk instead of trying to sit all comfortable and cross legged. I also noticed that they seem to happen when I am stressed or on a day when my girl is particularly active. I think Violet may be having a dance party today. I know she can't hear my poppy Micheal Jackson music because I have headphones on. Yes, I listen to Micheal Jackson. I have mixed opinions on the man, but I enjoy his music. So there you go...it's out! I think for the time being though Violet is sleeping so I will take advantage to feel this inner peace and calm, literally. I don't feel like I am housing a mini bounce house for the moment. I sneezed a little while ago and worried that the rough jolt might wake her.

Isn't that the silliest thing? I LOVE my little baby and I promise I'm not complaining, just explaining my pregnant world. Sometimes sugar can really get her going. Perhaps I need to cut out the sugar. Really though, can one Jolly Rancher make that much of a difference? It will be interesting to see if little Violet will be this active when she is born. Hopefully she won't get too crammed these next 14 weeks, because honestly the cramped space isn't making her move less. It is only making the jabs, bounces, flutters and kicks stronger. Just call me bouncin' Lizzy! Oh...I thinks she's awake. Hello little one.

3 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

yeah, Braxton Hicks are no fun at all! Here's hoping the next 14 weeks go by nice and smooth

Anonymous said...

Oh man, when I was pregnant Jacob would go crazy if I ate anything with sugar! When I got my glucose test done I had to have an ultra-sound and you could see him tasting the amniotic fluid, haha. They probably love the taste. :)

Bonnie said...

I am so excited for you!