Does anyone know how to take a horrible shine off of someone's face through photo editing? Wes says it is back lighting. It is probably just the pregnancy which is making my skin change in horrible ways. I even put on makeup. Is that the "pregnancy glow" they talk about? That's it...I'm just glowing. He he he! Anyway, that isn't the point. The point of the picture is to show you my growing baby belly at 24 weeks.
Here are some tidbits of my pregnancy thus far.
I have really started to become uncomfortable. I am finding it harder to bend over, walk, sleep...well you get the point. I didn't think it would start so early, but it has. Most of the time it isn't a big deal. I will suddenly realize the problem though when I bend over to pick something up and think "That didn't feel good". The honest truth is my body feels like it is stretching and running out of room. I am sure it will adapt so baby Violet can continue to grow and develop for the next 16 weeks.
I am now the slowest walker in the family where before I used to be the fastest. I really wish I had kept up with a wonderful exercise routine. I guess it is never too late to make new habits. I did exercise a couple of times last week, which I guess is something.
I can feel Violet moving a lot during the day. In fact, Wes has been able to see her moving around. He asked me one day how I manage to have someone moving inside me all day. He thinks it would be very strange. It is comforting to feel her and know she is doing well, except when she kicks really hard. I then remind my little baby to be nice to her mommy. I don't think she is listening :)
My energy levels have been really wonderful. I was working on all sorts of project ideas and keeping the house cleaner. Then suddenly my energy started dropping these past few days. I actually fell asleep on the couch last night at 9:00. I am hoping they go back up at least for the next month when I will be in the third trimester.
Someone said to me on Sunday "Are you sure there aren't two in there". I told her it was probably just my dress making me look so big and suctioned the fabric around my belly to show her. Honestly, it didn't hurt my feelings. I will look however I look and it is worth it to get my baby here. My weight gain I think is going pretty well. On Friday I weighed myself and I have gained 15 pounds so far which I think is pretty normal.
I rarely have cravings anymore. I do need to eat frequently though because I start feeling dizzy, and just not quite right! I try to make healthy choices most of the time. I like to have a high protein breakfast because it carries me further. I love a hard boiled egg and morning star breakfast patty on an english muffin with a side of fruit. Yummy!
The bathroom breaks are a little ridiculous, but I am just getting used to it. Drinking lots of water is something that helps me feel better. I also know that it helps reduce contractions and headaches. I still do get contractions on occasion, but not too frequently.
I have started working at home four days a week and in the office one day which has been WONDERFUL!! I feel so blessed and fortunate to have the opportunity. I see my family more and am able to be much more comfortable in my own home. I know I will come to appreciate it more and more as the pregnancy progresses. It has been especially good since Wes' schedule is becoming more hectic. Also, after my maternity leave I will still be working from home which will be fabulous!!!
I have dreams about Violet and enjoy holding her. This last dream she had some physical problems. I think as a mom it is pretty common for us to worry that something can go wrong. I can't wait for her to come. Well, I can because I want her to grow and because there is much that needs to be done still, but it will be nice when she is here. I am really looking forward to 3 months of maternity leave as well.
I still LOVE my doctor and think she is greatest thing ever!!!! I am not nervous for the birth at all. Perhaps it will hit me later, but this being the third time around I know more what to expect and know I am a strong woman that can make it through almost anything.
I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the opportunity to be pregnant with my little one and pray she will be healthy and strong. The girls pray for Violet at every family prayer. I pray for others that I know are struggling with fertility issues right now. I know of several women that are aching to have their own little baby. I want you to know that I am thinking of you and hope that your dream comes to pass SOON.
Well, here's to the next 16 weeks!
3 comments:
So glad things are going well. You look fabulous!
You look great Liz! I wish I could take the progressive prego belly pics, but since I had a pot belly before I got pregnant It doesn't work. My belly is starting to firm up and look more pregnant than fat. Its great that the girl are so excited for their baby sister and always praying for her. Keep up the great work!
You are the CUTEST prego girl!! Seriously, so so cute!! I'm happy that things are going well!
Post a Comment