Friday, September 25, 2009

"Can Chemicals Kill You?"

Adelle came to me yesterday while I was working and asked me "Can chemicals kill you"? My girl is very inquisitive so I answered right away "Well yes, certain chemicals can kill you". I suddenly started to wonder why she was asking me. She goes on to explain that she thinks she may have drank some 409. Adelle had spilt some root beer in the kitchen just earlier in the day. I had asked her to wipe it all up and then to spray some 409 on the area and wipe it again. She has done this before with the table and hasn't had any problems. She informs me that she had left her cup sitting on the floor while she was spraying and had drank the rest of her root beer. She was very worried that she may have drank some 409. I proceed to ask her a series of questions "Did you taste the chemicals" to which she answers "No". I take her into the kitchen to show me what she is describing. Suddenly she bursts out "I DON'T WANT TO DIE". My poor child! I had to comfort her and assure her that it is very unlikely that she drank much and that she will be just fine. I proceed to have her drink a very large glass of water just to be sure that she will be alright. She talked to Wes later and he again assured her that she wasn't going to die. She responded back "Well of course I will, but not till I'm old. I have a long life to live".

You have to love kids :)

No comments: