Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Challenges

Do you ever feel like there are several challenges which hit you all at once. That is what I have felt like these past few days.

Lydia has been having a hard time seeing so we took her to the eye doctor. We found out that she is slightly nearsighted, but we have also found out that her eye muscles are spasming and making it VERY difficult for her to see at times. This of course effects reading, watching television, school and everything. The doctor is hoping that glasses will help correct the problem. We have ordered glasses for her and hoping they will arrive soon.

We have had some major challenges with our house that have sapped our energy, time, and money. I won't go into details about this one but I will be very happy when this issue is resolved. It has been emotionally and physically draining.

I came home to a very sick husband yesterday. I really hope he gets better soon and that whatever he has does not spread through the family.

I know things will get better but it has made it hard to get other things done, especially my church callings. I was supposed to meet with some newly called den leaders and this hasn't happened at all. Also, I haven't been able to do my visiting teaching. Perhaps it will just have to be phone visits this month.

I am looking forward to general conference and I know it will help uplift my soul. I am grateful for all the blessings that I have and will be happy when I feel like I am on even ground again.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I hope things turn around for you soon! Keep smilin', and as one of your "visit-ees", i totally understand! You are a great visiting teacher, and appreciate your hard work! :)

The Barnum Family said...

I feel the same way right now Liz. It seems like it always happens all at once, doesn't it? I just try to remind myself that "this too shall pass" and things will get back on the upswing. Hang in there and stay well!