Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Laborious Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was very busy for us. We decided to start tackling the girls new room downstairs. We spent all of Saturday organizing the room since it is currently the play room, throwing away things and bagging up other things for the DI. Wes and Lydia even managed to get our old, worn out couch out of the basement into the garage. From there we ran to the DI and then to the hardware store to choose paint. The girls chose a very bright lime green and pink. The first thing we did was wash down the walls. Then Wes taped. By the time this was all done it was evening already. Sunday Wes painted the tinted primer onto the two walls we are painting.
Monday Wes and Lydia starting painting with our bold colors.

This is the pink wall! Bright but fun! Don't worry, that is actually green tape which is protecting the trim to our strange underground door. Wes is thinking he would still like to do another coat.

The green wall! This wall actually started it's life as wood paneling and sucks up paint so Wes is thinking this wall will actually need two more coats. So much for primer and one coat of paint. We will have plenty of paint leftover when all is said and done. In fact Wes keeps thinking of ways to use the paint in our house. I have already told him our stairwell cannot be lime green. He says he could lighten it up with primer. I still say it is unlikely. We may mix some white and the bright pink to get a paler pink and then paint a wall in Violets room. We'll see.
Hopefully the project will be done soon. From there we will need to move furniture and get the room set up.
Since I couldn't paint I spent my Monday deep cleaning the house and it felt so good when it was done! I still had energy so I kept going. I did laundry, baked cookies and cross stitched. I figure I better take advantage of the energy when it comes!

1 comment:

The Barnum Family said...

I LOVE the pink and green! It's so bright and cheerful. It looks like you got quite a bit done. Way to go!