Well I didn't think it would be fair if I just sat around while he was doing all that work so I decided to super clean the house. I can practically hear it sparkling as I sit here typing. Honestly I love it when the house is really clean. It makes everything feel so peaceful. I don't know if I became a clean freak due to the way I was raised or if it is just some internal setting. My mom was a great housekeeper and she made my sister and I contribute a lot to keeping in clean.
I also worked out in the garden. I took on the "dainty" job of tilling manure into our soil for our vegtable garden. I got a hoe and just went at it. I am sure I was quite a sight. I finally got my tomato plants planted that I bought at Costco. They weren't looking the best after spending the last two weeks in my house and I really hope they make it. I also planted some lettuce seedlings that my sister shared with me. I have these great visions of fresh, yummy veggies all summer. Hopefully it will turn out as well as I hope! Oh, Wes also planted a grape vine. I can't imagine that it would give us fruit in the first year though.
Isn't this blog exciting.... he he he! I guess they can't all be winners! Lydia stayed with her natural dad at her Grandma's house this weekend. She was missed, but I know she enjoyed spending time with her other relatives. Adelle went with me everywhere. She was my super cleaning sidekick, shopping buddy and water girl. She loved filling up the watering can last night and watering all of the plants. She was soaked by the time she was done though and I gave her a lot of extra love and warmth (including a blanket right out of dryer). What would I do without my girls!
Church was great today. With it being fast Sunday the spirit was so strong, especially in my Sunday School Class. God must be helping me a long because there is no way on any regular day that I could not eat and drink until 4:30 in the afternoon. Adelle and I even walked to and from church today. It is probably a good mile and a half round trip. I love getting myself and my girls out into the wide outdoors. It is so rejuvenating to be outside and to see the beautiful world God has made. Do I sound cheesy enough yet?? Well just so you know now I am a cheesy, sappy person. I am hoping to do a lot more walking with my family this summer to all sorts of places like church, the library, the store, you name it. It is good for our health, our spirits, and it saves on money because we're saving gas. Perhaps I will need to get out the sunscreen soon.
So Wes's mom called us on Saturday. She was cleaning out some closets and found Wes's old transformers. She wanted to get rid of them so we decided to take them of her hands. Wes thought the might be worth something. I think he was just being sentimental :) They probably aren't in any condition to be worth anything, but Adelle has just fallen in LOVE with them. She kept having to bring them over to Wes so he could show her how to change them into a robot or back into their other form, be it bug, car or airplane. It was quite cute to see the two of them working on them together. Wes claims he no longer knows how to play, but perhaps it will come back to him.
Another highlight of the weekend is that a picture that I took of Adelle with Disneyland's Jack Sparrow was highlighted on my mother-in-law's Webshot page. Cool huh!! Well I think so. Here is the link http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2740427220016143559OSmgDT My husband reminded me that I took the photo. Now I'm not saying I have any great photo skills, because I certainly don't, but it is just neat that it was featured on such a huge site. Go Ellen for posting the pictures!
For those of you wondering what is going on with Mr. Moore's tribute concert there was a meeting held this last Saturday at the Empress. The tentative date for the concert with be Saturday June 21st. The gal who is organizing the event is going to see if we can get the Cyprus Auditorium for this date. The plan is to keep the program to about an hour to an hour and a half. We are now trying to decide what music to sing. We are going to do mainly large numbers and then fill in with smaller numbers from there. I am going to see if my dad would like to be involved and perhaps do a number. Everyone seemed to think that would be a great idea. My dad has been involved with Kerry so much that I think it would be nice for both of them. The next meeting will be held next Saturday at the Empress Theatre at 10:00 AM. We are even planning on practicing some numbers. I will keep you all informed.
Well everyone have a great week. Hopefully you don't mind my ramblings!
Liz
1 comment:
I notice that I'm the only one leaving messages - he he he.
My sister Amy named her first son Cedric (he is 7 1/2 years old now).
Cute house. Love the tomatoes. I want to grow a garden but can't do it in military housing. I should try some planter pots. There are two growing seasons here.
How's the Mr. Moore scrapbook going? Have you had much response?
Post a Comment