So here is a fun picture of the girls. This was taken while I was forcing them to do manual labor :) They were great helps. On Saturday Lydia weeded the front flower beds, I pulled out as many dandelions as I could and Adelle filled in the holes with grass seeds. We then planted some sunflowers, wildflowers, and watermelon in the strip by our driveway. In the front flower beds we planted daises and other flowers (all seeds of course because it is cheaper). Friday evening I weeded the vegetable garden as well. Hopefully we will grow something else besides WEEDS! Actually one of the tomato plants has two little green tomatoes on it.
Here is a silly picture of me that Adelle took. Do you like the Cheshire cat visor. In case you didn't know I really like the characters from Alice in Wonderland. When things got really hot we retreated into the house to clean. Wes spent the day setting up the swamp cooler and working on the sprinkling system. We were all so tired by the time we were done.
On Friday Lydia had her very first sleepover at our house with a girl named Ellie. They both seemed to have a lot of fun. I made my GIANT batch of home made spaghetti sauce. I froze about 7 meals for the future. Yeah! I remember my mother's spaghetti sauce growing up and it is what has inspired me these last few years to make my own. It really isn't too hard. It just takes some time. Thank heavens for my new stock pot. I was able to just cook it in one pot this time.
Tonight we walked to the Library as a family. It was nice to get out together after a long day of work. I am really looking forward to this Friday when Wes will be sworn in as an Attorney. Saturday my sister-in-law Erica will be taking out her Endowments as well. It will be wonderful to attend the temple. Several of my in-laws have stated that they will do some family names for me too. It will be great to get some of the work done. There is quite a bit that needs to be done. I have just slowly been getting things done as I go once a month. I have really felt the spirit though as I have worked to get this work done. It is a wonderful blessing in my life and the life of my family.
Well everyone, have a wonderful week!
1 comment:
I am a newbie at this family history thing - really. I have been messing around with PAF a little bit waiting for some GEDCOM files from my aunt so my neighbor friend can help me get organized. You inspire me to get working on it!
Post a Comment