Monday, May 26, 2008

Wes's Swearing In and Memorial Day

So Wes was sworn in on Friday at the Salt Palace. He is now officially an Attorney and could take on legal work or cases. It was short and sweet ceremony. It was neat to see all of the attorneys taking the oath together. Wes looked great in his nice suit that we invested in a few years ago. I think Wes finds it humorous that he is an attorney now. I don't know if it is disbelief or if the thinks the title sounds strange.
Here he is with his license. All of this of course wasn't free. We had to pay his bar dues a few weeks back. Thank heavens for the tax refund.
Wes's grandmother Christensen (pictured above) attended as well as his Aunt Lyndi, mom, dad, sister Erica, brother Jeff, and of course, Lydia, Adelle and I.
Wes's dad enjoying the punch. I think Jeff is trying not to smile. He really is a happy guy.
I snapped this one when the ladies (Lyndi and Ellen) where enjoying munching on some cookies. I will probably hear about these going on the blog. They don't like having their pictures taken.


Adelle just LOVES her Aunt Erica. No one else really matters to her when she is around.

After the swearing in we were planning on going to lunch at Tepanyaki at Jordan Landing. We got there though and they weren't open until 3:30. Seeing as it was 1:30 we decided to go over to Joe's Crab Shack. Lydia was really disappointed. She had actually woken up early that morning thinking about how we were going to go to Temanyaki later that day and couldn't go back to sleep. We let her know that we will go there sometime again when they are open, but it will probably have to be for another celebration. We save the bigger dining out only for celebrations. It just gets to expensive! Look at my man above. He LOVES CRAB!Look at that face! She was embarrassed that we made her wear a crab bib. Lydia and Wes shared a crab sampler that had King Crab, Snow Crab, and Dungeness Crab. Yum!Adelle enjoyed coloring her menu and sharing food with everyone. She especially enjoyed snacking on my crab nachos. She looks so innocent, but I know better :)

After lunch we just came home and relaxed. We were all pretty worn out and ended up spending our evening watching movies.

So today is Memorial Day and I started my day helping the Cub Scouts put up flags. It has been raining most of the day. I haven't gone out and visited graves like I usually do because of the weather. So when I got home from doing the flags I advised Lydia that there were a TON of snails outside along our fence. Her face just lit up and she got dressed as quick as she could to go check them out. She got Adelle to come out with her too. I love that my girls enjoy checking out little crawly critters.

When I was a girl I just LOVED bugs. They were my favorite things to play with. Once I even took snails to school and put them in my desk. I left the classroom to do a test in the hall and suddenly heard screaming. My teacher quickly had me come in the room to collect my little friends. I remember one of the girls standing on her chair. The snails were crawling down the legs of my desk onto the floor. My teacher made me throw them outside and he informed me that the only thing snails were good for was for eating as S. Cargo.

My fearless Lydia! Wow what a big snail!

I was surprised that Adelle was so adventurous as well.

I have spent most of the day inside trying to get the songs and lines to stick in my head for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I swear it is just running right through my brain and out my ear. I have rehearsal tomorrow and I hope I will have some things memorized. I would hope that they will be somewhat patient with me since I just got cast on Thursday.

Well everyone have a wonderful week.

No comments: