So we all decided that we should go for an evening walk tonight. Wes suggested Cemetery Hill. It had been a long time since I have trekked up that big hill. The walk was easier than I remembered. Perhaps it is because I am fitter than I used to be. I wonder how many miles we walked? I'll have to drive it later to figure it out.
The girls enjoyed stopping at this little canal and throwing in sticks of all sorts.
Lydia had to jump over almost every puddle that she could find. Adelle loved to run ahead of everyone.
The mountains are so green and lush right now. I really doubt they will stay this way once summer comes.
So we reached Cemetery Hill (Pleasant Green Cemetery) at the very top of a large hill. We briefly explained to Adelle what a cemetery is. She was quite taken with the idea of dead people being buried under the ground. Wes and Lydia then proceeded to tell her that after dark skeletons come out as well as ghosts. I quickly advised Adelle that her daddy was only joking and she laughed. She did ask us at bedtime if there are ghosts in our house though!
Lydia took this picture of Wes.
The cemetery is very different than most that you would see. It isn't the manicured, well groomed place like other cemeteries. Some of the headstones are especially old and aren't able to be read anymore. It looks like some of the older graves have recently been given new headstones. It was very fascinating to all of us. There were people who had been pioneers, there were veterans from several wars as well as others who have recently been buried. I think the girls would have liked to have stayed much longer to browse, but it was time to head back home. By the way, Adelle informed us on the way home that she will be dying soon. I told her that she will be with us for a long time to come. We got on the subject of heaven and Lydia and I discussed that we would like to die when we are old, preferably when we are asleep. I did say that I want to be able to say goodbye to my loves ones though. Aren't we a morbid family!
This is the view from the top of the hill. There is good, old Magna. We could even see the airport and Salt Lake City from up there. It was a great evening. I really enjoyed getting out of the house and stretching my legs. The birds were singing a lot tonight as well. Besides, it gave me a great chance to talk to my family!
2 comments:
I remember having to jog up Cemetary Hill when I ran with the cross country team. I think next time you should try that...
I miss that Utah scenery!
What a fun family adventure! You guys are such an amazingly cute family :)
Your not morbid your amazing...a family that can talk about everything including death...yes, just wonderful!
I have been up at that cemetery allot of times and have Never seen it so green, Wow!
What a fun night, thanks for sharing it with us :D
Love YOU!
Post a Comment