Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend


The weekend went well. Friday I got off of work about noon and went shopping for the Mom's in my life. After buying the moms gifts I went home and the family and I made home made chocolate chip cookies for the grandmas. From there we headed out the door to Visit Wes's grandparents (Grandma Christensen and then Grandma and Grandpa Oates). From there we visited my step-mom and her mother and then drove over to my grandmother's apartment to give her a sweet treat. We actually caught up with her at the main apartment building watching a choir concert. She was so excited for the cookies. It really made my day to see her so happy. We also visited Ellen (Wes's mom) earlier in the day and gave her a gift. I really want all the Moms to know how much we appreciate all of you! It was fun to visit with everyone.
Saturday we had a second meeting for Mr. Moore's tribute concert. It sounds like the concert is going to be moved to June 28th. We will just have to wait to hear. We practiced one of the candle pass songs and my goodness it was somewhat sad! The gal next to me got teary eyed. Stacey Moore did recommend those songs though. Hopefully everything will go well.
The rest of Saturday I was a complete vegetable and didn't do much. Wes picked up a PlayStation game for me and I enjoyed wasting some time playing it (Sims Castaway). The girls enjoyed watching me play. I hardly ever veg out like that so I don't feel too guilty. Wes has spoiled me! He cleaned the house yesterday, made dinner last night, breakfast this morning and dinner again tonight! What would I do without him. The girls made cards for me and Lydia made a magnet frame which has her picture in it. Adelle's card was cute. She drew and "angry face" mommy, but then covered it up with a flower. I had to uncover it because it was so funny. Yes, Mommy's can get angry sometimes. I really felt a lot of love. Wes gave me a stock pot, at my request and also picked up a great CD that I am enjoying.
I feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful loving family as well as a wonderful extended family. My Heavenly Father has blessed us so much. Sometimes I wonder how we could possibly deserve everything that we receive.
Wes has an interview this Wednesday and hopefully it will go well. He is still possibly considering opening his own office so he will be looking at office space this week. I am hoping that I will get some pictures and comments for Mr. Moore's scrapbook because it is due Thursday and I need time to complete it. Once that is completed I will breath a sigh of relief. I hope that it will be something nice.
Well everyone have a wonderful week!
Liz

No comments: